Monday, March 22, 2010

The Cheesecake Factory

Yesterday I went to visit a friend in Long Island, and we went for a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  The food was pretty good, but the portions were way too big!  I couldn't finish my Caesar's Salad, even though My intention was to eat not too heavy so I could try the desserts.  I tried their "special", which was 2 red velvet layers, 2 layers of their classical cheesecake with creme cheese icing and white chocolate shavings, served with a very good whipped creme.  I regret not taking my camera with me, so I could show you, but in any case, you can check it out at their website.
That was pretty good...  but I have to admit, last week I had an incredibly good cheesecake at a local diner, and honestly I have to become friends with the manager to find out where do they make it.  If it is not made "in house" then I have to find out who makes it and bring it to Richmond to our place!  It is really really good!
And continuing with the lease of the place, we are getting a pretty good deal, but before we sign anything, we are bringing the Health Inspector to check out the place and tell us in what condition it is to run it as we want.  We think that everything needs a very deep great cleaning, but of course we are not experts on all the necessary details  to bring it up to "code".   Everyday I see so many things to do!!!  But we are very optimistic, I'm sure we'll do a good thing.
Update on the coffee: Since I work at home, I can't really go out while I'm on my shift, so, no coffee today.  And 2 of my visitors told me that Starbucks is not all what people say...  I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment