Friday, March 19, 2010

Friends and pizza night

Went out with the idea of trying a "ladies night" at Z One, but we ended up staying at home, ordering pizza and watching The Real Housewives of New York...  I guess it would've been more interesting to see other places and get ideas for our café, but we were all a bit tired, and the kids were home.  I gotta admit, the choice of TV show to watch was very much criticized by the men that were there, but it is like watching an accident: you know it is an awful thing, but you can't stop looking at it.  I'm wondering if it is possible to get some sort of "cultural activity" at the cafe, like watching some decadent show and just have fun! I remember many years ago at "Meow Mix" in New York City, they had Sunday afternoons with Xena the Warrior Princess.  The place was packed with people that were huge fans of the show, basically lesbians, and even some with experience in Xena Conventions (the kind of Star Trek fame).
Anyway, that is one of the ideas for our place.
Still reading the Richmond blogs... there are so many different things to read about! I am certainly looking forward to get there soon.
On the business front, first call of negotiating the lease was not a negative answer, which gave me hope because I see that we can get a better deal and save some money on the deal.
Last night with my lawyer friend was a very good experience.  She asked me so many questions that made me see things under another perspective.  Best of all, I felt secure, I knew all the answers and I could explain the plan in detail.  Saturday will be an encounter with the parents of another friend who have great experience on another topic that feels a little squeamish, but it is a hard reality in the restaurant business:  they service restaurants on their extermination needs, and their business is really good!  My only objection, I don't want to hear about the places they serve and deemed as the worst, just in case it happens to be one of my favorite places.  In New York City, it is almost impossible not to think of some sort of weird stories related with extermination.  Late night, it is time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment